Tuesday, November 16, 2010

does this almost make me a real person?

I have no idea what I am doing. I started reading blogs, somewhat obsessively, and got it into my head that I must have one.

So here I am...

I think I can mostly blame my roommate for this. When we were getting ready for bed the other night, she put the idea into my head that our lives might be somewhat interesting and that we might feasibly have a blog. I assumed this meant people might what little anecdotes about my life. Here is anecdote one:

Zombies don't stand a chance against Velociraptors.

My university recently played a game title Humans vs Zombies. The campus was filled with people strapped all over with nerf guns, nerf swords at the ready, yellow armbands--to signify the fact they were human and therefore not 'infected'--and yellow headbands--signifying zombie. Zombie's weren't allowed weapons, only Humans were. Which makes sense. Zombies have nothing to live for.

The game provided ample entertainment. A group of Zombies were in my dorm's lounge, loudly planning an ambush of a group of Humans that were going to be leaving an academic building--or safe zone--in the near future when suddenly one Zombie began yelling 'HUMAN HUMAN' and the entire pack took off after their victim. I was very pleased with this.

This brought to my attention, however, the very real danger of a Zombie apocalypse actually happening: what steps should I take in this event? As I sat thinking, I remembered an unsuccessful event that happened here my freshman year, called Velociraptor Awareness Day. Students put up posters all over campus, warning people of the danger of these dinosaurs and giving possible escape plans and routes including: "There are none. Velociraptors will get you." Unfortunately the posters were quickly removed and all trace of the warnings were gone. Why else would this happen if a Velociraptor Apocalypse were not, in fact, very close at hand? and the government is trying to hide this from us? and Zombie Apocalypse is a decoy?

Zombies give us somewhat of a chance to fight against, but we have no chance with velociraptors. They will take over your ships, and helicopters, and radios. They probably have evolved opposable thumbs. They will outsmart your zombies before the zombie has a chance to look at it and peel off some flesh.

I suppose I felt a calling to write about the need to prepare for a velociraptor apocalypse. Perhaps we might be able to befriend them. Without a doubt, we can't outsmart them, or outfight them. They will come, in the night, when you are in your pajamas. They will come down your chimney disguised as Santa Claus.

I should probably put up a picture here, so that you are able to tell who is Santa and who is actually a velociraptor in disguise. I will once I get on another computer. This is crucial, of course, with the holidays so close.

I'm a little terrified that I just spent a good amount of time writing on a blog that may or may not be seen by a velociraptor. I'm also weirded out by what people are supposed to do on blogs anyways.

Good luck in the face of impending doom.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE!!!!!!! Can we practice velociraptor evasion techniques?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES. It will take me a while to think of ways to outsmart them tho...they're very tricky. I'm sure there is something they like that we could barter with for our lives, besides our own lives. UNLESS I sacrifice you and run... JK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, what about wearing GIANT shields on our backs and curling in to the fetal position when they try to attack?

    ReplyDelete
  4. just so everyone knows. i am the first follower of this blog.
    chyes! claim to fame.

    ReplyDelete