Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Lost Word

A strange package came to me in the mail today. Wrapped in brown paper, a tyrannosaurus rex was drawn upon the top. Within the package was a large book, similar in size to a bible, with pages gilded in gold and engraved upon the white cover are red leaves and another dinosaur of the aforementioned species. The title is engraved in black: "Jurassic Park: The Lost World."

Even now it sits beside my bed, and my mind races with eagerness and fear. I cannot tell what this could possibly imply...for months now I have been gathering information on my own, desperate for any clue to the suffering and the attacks. Now this book falls into my hands; I fear what knowledge it contains, but even more I fear of it falling into the wrong hands. I've come so close to a discovery, to an alliance even, to a hope...

Unto what world was lost, I now venture into, willingly and with open soul, and of this knowledge that I drink, if any shall prove dangerous to us, the human species, than that I shall withhold, and if any shall prove useful and good than that I shall divulge: you as my witness, my audience, dear reader, friend--trust in me, in this.


Tired now, and restless, never a good combination, wanting to at once run and lie down, move and stand still in the darkness being bothered now by buzzing lights. But I shall read, and read on.

3 comments:

  1. I should also let you know that in order to post that comment, it asked me to do one of those word verification codes. The word was tutoplop

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh weird, i never told it to do that...

    ReplyDelete